Wednesday 18 February 2015

Quick Sitrep

We've left the hustle and bustle of Guadalajara and traveled further east to San Miguel de Allende.

It's a charming town - similar to what I'd imagine Spain to be like. We are back in Gringo country - lots of english speaking people around.

Every hostel in Mexico appears to be under construction - each one we've stayed at has been undergoing some sort of work. We've managed to snag a private room until Friday which is a nice change from 8+ person dorms. :-)

I'm over my fear of street meat. Up until this point, I have had a hard time eating street food that hasn't been previously vetted...but last night I ate tacos el pastor (meat cooked on a manual rotisserie  - something that definitely sketched me out). I think my gut is bullet proof now though - maybe I should try the local water..........jk jk. ;-)

Pictures and a more detailed report to come. Just finished up some work at a Starbucks in a colonial era building (pretty cool as far as SB goes) - now it's time to be a tourist.

No comments:

Post a Comment