Friday 27 February 2015

F-ing Expedia

Airline pricing is a shell game at best. I think I hate booking tickets more than I hate buying/selling vehicles (in other words a lot).

I booked my flight the day we left Guanajuato. The prices had risen since we flew down - but only by $100 - so no big deal. My gf wanted to pay for hers separately, so we started the process simultaneously.

I finished before her, and as I did so, she got an increase stating the price had risen. Whoops. She refreshed only to find - to our collective horror - that the price had skyrocketed to ~$500CAD from $330CAD.

WTF.

Looks like we were bidding on the same seat or there was some fuckery involving cookies/ip tracking. We decided to leave it a little to see if it cooled off

We revisited expedia today hoping that the price had fallen - nope - it now was ~$700CAD for not even the same flight.

Shit.

So in the end, she found a flight on Skyscanner that leaves an hour or two after me (so at least we can head to the airport at the same time) for about what I paid ($340CAD). The problem is, her travel time is 8hrs more than me!

So yeah. Moral of the story - book your tickets on Expedia during the same transaction...

No comments:

Post a Comment