Thursday 9 October 2014

My Little Friend

It's been long established that I am a 12 year old trapped in a 31 year olds body. Despite trying to keep things pure and minimal while van-dwelling - I have added a drum fed nerf gun to my kit list (I acquired as payment for Walden's moving services). A drum fed nerf gun. Kids these days are so spoiled.

It's the first thing people notice whenever I show them Walden for obvious reasons.

A border guard would suck at his job if he didn't notice it as it is grossly out of place. For this reason, I wanted to leave it in Vancouver....but didn't.

So while crossing the border yesterday, I was cross examined about it. After going through the regular line of questioning - the guard was like 'You have a nerf gun?'. After answering the query with a satisfactory explanation, he confessed that he 'liked the way I rolled'...

I guess in a country where real assault weapons are legal - a nerf gun toting Canadian is rather comical.

No comments:

Post a Comment